This 99th post is about something a little liter than the last one. I have been tagged by Mick Wright. If you have never visited his blog, it is a really good one. He has a great mix of politics and humor that is very insightful and informed. I am glad to be one of Mick’s cronies and look forward to see what he will accomplish in his lifetime. Anyhow, here goes…6 wierd things about myself:
1) I once broke my ankle in my sleep. All I know is I woke up and my ankle was broken.
2) I enjoy shooting and once had the local sherriff called on me for “automatic weapons fire.” I didn’t get in any trouble though.
3) In grad school I worked at a church, was a janitor, and a tutor all at the same time (although none of that occurred simultaneously).
4) I encountered less racism in North Alabama than in St. Louis when I moved in the 8th grade.
5) I enjoy combining Root Beer with 3 Musketeers – try it out. You won’t be disappointed.
6) I enjoy a sport that involves throwing small plastic discs at metal baskets 300-700 feet away. It is called disc golf and is a good free way to spend a few hours in nature with some friends. It is also a great outreach. I got a phone call from a previous Disc Golf world champion 2 months ago because he had found one of my discs and gave me a call. How often do you get to speak with the “champion of the world” in anything?