Generosity is More Than Money

How do you treat someone in a generous way?
Things not to do to be a generous person:

  • Throw money at the problem
  • Hope someone else will do it
  • Figure things will work out eventually
  • Lean on the government for their programs to help – that’s why we pay taxes, right?
  • Figure the benevolence budget will cover all the bases and needs
  • Figure that’s just for preachers and elders to deal with

Things to do:

  • Spend time with someone in a way that is more about them than it is about you. Do something they are good at or makes them feel valued.
  • Be willing to be made uncomfortable – hurting people need someone who is generous with their comfort zone so that they don’t feel rejected.
  • Be a listener
  • Be interested in others
  • Ask questions about the other person
  • Budget for giving…don’t figure it out on the spot as the collection plate goes by. And don’t let that limit you from helping other times needs arrive. Sometimes God’s plans aren’t timed perfectly with our budgets.

Generosity is not about money. Generosity is about value. It is about valuing other people and making them feel valued. 90% of generosity involves things other than money. Only 10% of generosity includes money or material possessions. The other 90% is about you and your willingness to be real and be present with another person in a way that helps them draw closer to God. Generous people don’t have to ask how much money or what % of their income it takes to truly be generous. Generosity is an attitude rather than a checkbox.

2 Responses to Generosity is More Than Money

  1. Terry says:

    Great thoughts! You have described the ideal person to handle the church’s food bank or other benevolence ministries. With such people in such positions, people in need feel much more comfortable despite their circumstances. Of course, these are qualities that we all need, but they are especially helpful in mercy ministries.

  2. Andre T says:

    Hi Man,

    Ohh yes!! There is soooo many ways to make money online. It is some good once and some that are not good at all. I have walked the long way to find out what did work and what did NOT work.

    Do Not Chase The Money – Give Value & Let The Money Chase You. That`s how it works!

    But it is true though, the good ol`cliche: “The Money Is In The List”.

    List building is something you should NEVER skip in your efforts to make money online.

    I have written a cool free guide how I build my list quite fast and effective.

    I have got some really great feedbacks from it… It`s definitive worth a read.

    Thanks for the advices 🙂

    All the best
    André Thomassen

    “Failure Lies Not In Falling Down – Failure Lies In Not Getting Up”

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Follow

Follow this blog

Email address