Top 25 Church of Christ Blogs

20. Bill Williams
  21. John Dobbs
  22. Lee Hodges
  23. Rex Butts
  24. Bobby Valentine
  25. Terry Rush

I would give you some kind of nifty badge to post on your blog if you made the top 25 but that might only make someone prideful 🙂 A couple of notes: I think John Dobbs would have been higher up if his URL hadn’t changed recently. I also think Matthew Morine would have made the list if he also had not changed URL’s recently. I was suprised to see that John Alan Turner didn’t make the list. I suspect Alexa didn’t do him justice somehow.

25 Responses to Top 25 Church of Christ Blogs

1. Nick Gill says:

let’s see…

I follow 5, 7, 8, 13, 17, 19, 21, and 24. Add those together and you might get Fumbling’s rank! 🙂

2. K. Rex Butts says:

Again, I am humbled to be on this list especially given the fact that I do not post as often as most bloggers and considering the fact that there are other CoC bloggers who I deem much more valuable than my own and those names are not on the list.

Grace and peace,

Rex

3. I don’t understand how you’re not on this list, Matt. You get loads & loads of hits.

Heck, McGuiggan’s site isn’t even a blog! Why is he on the list?

4. mattdabbs says:

You have to give McGuiggan his props. This list is a little flexible in a couple of areas including the fact that 2 or 3 of these aren’t blogs but are similar to a blog. I didn’t make the list because I didn’t care to put myself on it.

5. K. Rex Butts says:

Yes Matt, your blog deserves to be on here.

I suspect the only reason my blog made the list is because of one post titled “Open Letter to the New Testament Church Today Committee” (http://kingdomseeking.wordpress.com/2008/04/28/open-letter-to-the-new-testament-churchtoday-committee/) which continues to receive a high volume of traffic. The funny thing is that this is the one post which I have at times considered removing. And so now in this comment, I shamelessly have provided the link to the article:-}.

Grace and peace,

Rex

6. Trey Morgan says:

Matt … I’m a daily reader of Kingdom Living … keep up the good stuff.

I appreciate the list, there are a handful of blogs here I haven’t seen. I’m anxious to catch up on some good stuff.

7. mattdabbs says:

Trey,

Ditto…I love what you do over there at the blog. Keep it up!

8. Mark says:

This is interesting. How does it work? Does it automatically keep a list, or do you submit your information to it?

9. Brian says:

dang, maybe next year..

10. mattdabbs says:

Mark,

I have to submit all the URL’s, write down Alexa’s rank and then put them in order myself.

11. Frank says:

It’s an honor just to be considered. I was, right?

12. mattdabbs says:

Frank,

With all that talk on your blog about the Old Testament and teaching Hebrew I thought you were Jewish! Don’t you know that the Old Testament no longer applies to any of us and was nailed to the cross? 😉 Kidding on all counts…of course.

13. Jay Guin says:

John Mark Hicks didn’t make the list? Inconceivable.

(And thanks for your hard work. Very impressive.)

14. mattdabbs says:

I checked on him when I did the list and was sure he would make it. I think he was the next one – #26. That was one of the ones that made me wonder how accurate Alexa is overall.

15. J D says:

Thanks for including me Matt… I write about like I lead singing … I’ll do it and if anyone wants to join in, feel free! I feel very blessed personally to be a part of the blog community … you all have seen me through some very dark times.

16. […] In Jesus makes top 10 Church of Christ blogs Posted on January 17, 2009 by Jay Guin Over at Kingdom Living, Matt Dabbs has used the Alexa service to rank the 25 most popular Church of Christ blogs (and […]

17. matt,
    i guess this makes it official: i’m not in the Churches of Christ anymore! alexa.com has spoken.

😉

18. Terry says:

Rex gave me a great idea to build up my readership. I almost posted “How the Churches of Christ Are Wrong and Why I Hate Them,” but my wife advised against it. She’s pretty smart. By the way, I know that you don’t hate the Churches of Christ, Rex. I was just having a little fun with you, since you gave away the secret of popularity:).

19. terry rush says:

Hey,

Could some of you guys take it easy on who shoulda/woulda/coulda been on the list. I’m barely hanging on as it is!

I feel…..Temporary from Tulsa

20. I’m actually surprised to see mine on there.

Shalom,
    Bobby Valentine

21. mattdabbs says:

Terry,

If you hit #26, I will make sure to make it a top 26 list next time!

22. ^
    ^
    ^
    hahaha you need to keep him it the list right?

23. […] January 2009, Matt Dabbs posted a list of the Top 25 Church of Christ blogs, based on the Alexa ranking of each […]

24. Great list. I’m a CoCer from Nashville TN:

I don’t talk much about the “CoC” proper–but Christian living, social justice, and social change.

25. […] is a list of top 25 Church of Christ bloggers list. I should add Randy Harris and Jonathon Storment to the list–although I haven’t really […]