Warning, humor and satire ahead. Here are some things you can expect to find in a significant number of church libraries:
- The cleanest carpet in the entire church despite the fact that the cleaning people don’t even know there is a library.
- A large table in the middle with cushy chairs for various kinds of meetings
- A pile of library cards that came out of books but were never put back
- A pile of returned books next to the pile of library cards that have never been re-shelved
- Another pile of books people have donated to the library that haven’t been sorted through yet
- The Book of Life series
- The Lipscomb/Shepherd Commentary Series
- A box full of old tracts
- The Purpose Driven Life is the only book published post 2000.
- At Least one copy each of Behold the Pattern and Piloting the Straits
I will throw in an 11th – a copy of the hymnal, even though there are 400 of them in the auditorium. Now try to find the library in your church and see if that is accurate. What am I missing?