How to Add Multiple Pictures from a Folder Directly Into Powerpoint

I needed to make a powerpoint of 100 pictures and figured there had to be a way to do this quickly. In Powerpoint 2007 all you have to do is click “Insert” and then click “Photo Album”. You can then choose the directory, select all the pictures you want (Ctrl+A will do this quickly) and then click to create the powerpoint. This creates one slide per picture and even resizes your pictures for you. This saved me close to an hour of creating slides and inserting pictures one by one. You can do this in older versions but you have to download a plugin to get it to work.

23 Responses to How to Add Multiple Pictures from a Folder Directly Into Powerpoint

1. That’s a handy tip. Thanks!

• Bill Soares says:

Thank you for that time saving shortcut. I’m doing this 3 years later and on Office 2010 but procedures are still the same.

2. Joe Palmer says:

great

3. [...] posted here: How to Add Multiple Pictures from a Folder Directly Into … addthis_url = [...]

4. Thanks for the tip, Matt! I’ve done it the hard way so many times. I will definitely be using this often.

5. Thanks for posting this, friend. You saved me some time today!

6. Alexei says:

Great post. I love the internet and I love people who post useful information. God bless you and your ministry

7. Courtney says:

!! My hero !! I have to create a slideshow of about 200 pictures in approximately 10 minutes. You just made that possible!!

8. Aditya says:

Thanks A lot

9. Joan Maloof says:

10. Heather: Buster's Person says:

This was amazingly helpful – thank Nathan and Google search!

11. Suthan says:

Something Great & Very Helpful

12. Hey! Sorry that you were having trouble. I found some more information on a href=”http://youtu.be/5-pd43WeWSo”>Powerpoint Presentation? Click here. I hope this helps.

13. Hey! Sorry that you are having trouble. I found some helpful information on How to make a powerpoint presentation? Click here.

14. Worked like a charm, thanks! :-)

15. MamaKat 52 says:

Just found your suggestion and am dying to use it since I have to do over 200 pictures. However, I don’t know about the plug in or where to find it. I am running Power Point for Mac 2008. Could you still help me please?

16. Lucy says:

Thank you! You saved me hours of work. Your generosity is so appreciated!