This month Outreach magazine published a list of the 100 largest churches and the 100 fastest growing churches. Here are a few of the highlights.
Five largest churches:
- Lakewood Church – Houston, TX (47,000)
- Willow Creek Community Church – South Barrington, IL (23,500)
- Second Baptist Church – Houston, TX (23,198)
- Saddleback Church – Lake Forest, CA (22,000)
- LifeChurch.tv – Edmond, OK (19,907)
Five fastest growing churches:
- Iglesia Cristiana Segadores de Vida – Hollywood, CA (+3050 new members/109% growth)
- Calvary Community Church – Phoenix, AZ (2,344 new members/26% growth)
- Elevation Church – Charlotte, NC (1,965 new members/444% growth)
- New Life Church – Conway, AR (2,000 new members/108% growth)
- Valley Bible Fellowship – Bakersfield, CA (3,600 new members/52% growth)
Can you imagine adding 60 new members to the church every week?
I am going to post a follow-up post to this on what does it mean to be a church member.
(After noticing several law firms viewing this post I will make reference to the U.S. Copyright Office website. This post complies with the limitations set out in the Fair Use FL 102 section of U.S. Copyright. If outreach magazine has any concern about this post notify me and I will be glad to modify it.)