The Perfect Answer – Two Seconds Late

Have you ever thought of the perfect answer for someone just a moment too late? I answered the phone today and someone wanted to know if we needed information on health benefits for the church staff. We had a good conversation and right when I hung up I realized what I should have asked him.

“Does your employer offer you any spiritual benefits? I mean, you specialize in health benefits and we specialize in spiritual benefits. Is there anything we could assist you with today?”

I wonder how that conversation would have gone.

0 Responses to The Perfect Answer – Two Seconds Late

1. Dee O'Neil Andrews says:

You think like I do – that sounds exactly like something I would say to someone on the phone to generate a totally different kind of conversation.

Too bad you didn’t think of it two seconds sooner, but save it and use it for the next tele-marketer type who calls you up. Actually, there are a lot of people you could use that with.

And thanks for stopping by Grace Notes and leaving those two comments for Greg. I know he’ll really appreciate them.

Drop by Finding Direction again soon, too!

Cheers & Blessings to you all today! Dee

2. Frank Bellizzi says:

If I think of it at all, the perfect answer comes to me two DAYS late. So don’t beat up on yourself too much, Speedy.

3. Paula Harrington says:

That would’ve been great! Maybe they will call back 🙂

4. Neva says:

Way cool thoughts!!
    Peace
    neva

5. lisa leichner says:

I’m with Frank — I’m ALWAYS slow with the right response. I’m not sure I would have EVER thought of what you did.

6. Chris says:

Very good thought, even if it was too late to ask it. I hope you don’t mind my using it the next time an opportunity such as that happens my way.

7. Matt says:

I always encourage people to use whatever they find helpful anyway they like.

8. Matt says:

They should have read “I always encourage people to use whatever they find here in any way they like.”